Based on the posts with the highest number of likes, here are the summaries of the top 10 posts on this blog in 2016:
- When you blame your spouse for everything that goes wrong in your marriage, you paint the false picture that you are perfect.
- You hurt your spouse’s feelings when you heap the blame on him/her every time, without taking any responsibility yourself.
- You risk being resented by your spouse if you continue the blame game.
- As you already know, you will not be able to build a happy and healthy relationship with anyone if you blame or resent him/her a lot.
- Blaming your spouse does not solve the problem in your marriage.
- Treat your spouse the way you want to be treated.
I want to be a happy father to my children and a happy husband to my wife. After all, a grumpy man would not make a good companion to anyone – family or not family. This is part of the reason I have realised that I should strive to always have my emotions under control…
It seems logical to think that unhappy parents may not be able to raise happy children. And I don’t want to be caught in that web.
Distinguished and best-selling Author, Rick Warren, in one of his devotional articles, stated that there are three levels of knowing God: recognition, acquaintance, and friendship.
To know someone deeply, you have to regularly talk to, or spend time with, him or her. Knowing God deeply is not different from that. Except you are willing to regularly fellowship with God, talk to Him as a friend and let Him talk to you too, you may never get to know Him at the deepest level possible.
Various situations could arise in your marital relationship that may want to force a communication gap between you and your spouse. But don’t allow for a breakdown in communication between you both. If communication fails, many other things will fail along.
- In a thorny situation in your marriage, know that your spouse is not the thorn.
- If your spouse wears an unusual outlook, you as the other half should show persistent care (by asking) to find out what the problem is.
- If your spouse slows down in communicating with you, that’s not the time for you to withdraw from him/her.
- Be strong for your spouse by whispering to him/her that you are there for him/her
Jesus was more than a baby. He is the God-incarnate. As the Saviour of the world, in Him lies the eternal hope of mankind. Here are some special things about Him that set Him apart from any other man in recorded history:
- Jesus’ miraculous conception by a virgin.
- His conception by a virgin and birth were both undeniable fulfilment of Prophecies.
- He wasn’t born to earthly royalty, but angels heralded His birth.
- The birth of Jesus is the proof of God’s love for the world.
- Jesus was born to die.
- Jesus is the only man in history with the complete tripartite cycle of birth, death and resurrection.
- He is the only one giving eternal life to anyone who believes in Him.
There’s one thing I have come to know.
Many friends will always come and go.
Their going away may not be caused by strife.
It is a normal phenomenon of this life…
We can always find a friend in the Lord Jesus,
Who has promised He’ll always be there for us.
Whatever we go through in this time and space,
We can get succour by looking unto His face
A problem is a problem and your spouse is your spouse. Please don’t mistake one for another.
Next time you have any marital issue, be sure to remind yourself that your spouse is not the problem. Identify what the issue is and focus on tackling it.
If you don’t want to end up in the wrong destination, you should not continue on the journey in the wrong direction. The prodigal son found his back to his father, so can you! If you are an atheist, here are 16 sobering truths I wish you to know:
- God exists – whether you believe it or not.
- To know God, check the Bible
- God loves you, I thought you should know.
- God is not angry with you.
- Jesus Christ is the only Way to God.
- You are not the first person to doubt the existence of God.
- The Bible has a word for anyone who doesn’t believe there is God…FOOL.
- There have been people who turned from atheism to God and so can you.
- Your lifetime is your only opportunity for you to know God.
- Whatever misgivings you have about God can be handled.
- God has numerous children and He has room for you too.
- If you die today, where would you spend eternity?
- The problem of sin cannot be solved except in Christ Jesus.
- You are accountable to God, now or later.
- There is a future reality called Hellfire, for everyone who rejects Jesus.
- Very far from God is not too far yet.
For many years, I went about my life
With a broken piece of heart, bleeding.
No one could fill the great void I felt
Or mend the awfully shattered part of me…
But then I met the greatest Friend and Lover
Who truly loved me as I am, unconditionally.
The One who gave up His life for me
And gave me a brand new heart too.
Everyone needs forgiveness. On the other hand, everyone needs to offer forgiveness too. Here are 5 simple reasons you should learn to forgive others:
- God has forgiven your offences and He expects you to forgive others too.
- Unforgiveness is a big weight, free yourself from it.
- Don’t you expect others to forgive you too?
- Happiness and unforgiveness don’t mix.
- You have the capacity to forgive, no need pretending otherwise.
- Forgive yourself so you can forgive others.
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to comment.
©CopyRight 2017 | Victor Uyanwanne