I was recently invited to be part of the discussants in a church’s women’s end-of-year conference. But I sent them my apologies because I had another engagement billed for the date and time they chose.
However, the organisers requested that (since I could not be physically present at the event) I sent in my contribution in writing on Things Every Christian Woman Should Give Her Husband. I obliged their request by sending them a written short note as I thought it out.
The feedback I got after the programme was that my note was a blessing to them in that meeting. So in this post, I have decided to share with you the same thoughts I shared with those church women in their conference. I hope you find something useful in it.
Like I said, I drafted the write-up for a predominantly women audience, but that does not mean that you should not read it if you are a man. So let’s go there…
7 Things Every Christian Woman Should Regularly Give Her Husband
A husband expects his wife to respect him in two ways:
- By words – what she say to him and about about.
- By action – how she treats him at home or outside the home.
- A Christian wife should understand that intimacy and sex is very important to the husband, as this is a need only she can meet;
- A wife should not deny the husband his right over her body.
- A wife should provide good food, timely and regularly for the husband/family;
- A wife who doesn’t know how to cook good food should go and learn.
- A husband expects the wife to appreciate him for providing for the family.
- A woman should have an attitude of gratitude, not grumbling, not complaining.
- A wife should show trust and confidence in the ability of the man to lead the home;
- A wife should support her husband’s vision or project. She should not use her mouth to tear it down.
- The man will never feel peaceful at home if the wife is always nagging.
- If a wife fails to create a peaceful home, the husband will not feel happy returning home.
- A husband expects his wife to take good care of herself.
- She should maintain good personal and family hygiene.
Remember what the Bible says:
The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. Prov. 14:1.
Thank you for reading my thoughts. Feel free to tell me what you think in the comment section.
©Copyright 2018|Victor Uyanwanne