Based on the posts with the highest number of likes, here are the summaries of the top 10 posts on this blog in 2017:
#10. Communication in Marriage: 4 Super Lessons in a Surprising Way
As much as possible, you should endeavour to maintain a good communication flow with your spouse. That means you have to promptly take care of anything trying to impede appropriate communications with your spouse. Failure to do so may later lead to sad moments or other unpleasant consequences which you would not like.
- In a thorny situation, your spouse is not the thorn.
- If your spouse wears an unusual outlook, you as the other half should show persistent care (by asking) to find out what the problem is.
- If your spouse slows down in communicating with you, that’s not the time for you to withdraw from him or her.
- Be strong for your spouse by whispering to him or her that you are there for him or her.
#09. Share A Smile With Me
This was a post for my birthday. I went poetic saying:
…I was born for a purpose
There is no doubt about it.
No matter what life & time propose.
I will never ever quit…
#08. How You can Know God At The Friendship Level
There are “three levels of knowing God: recognition, acquaintance, and friendship.” To know someone deeply, you have to regularly talk to, or spend time with, him or her.
Knowing God deeply is not different from that. Except you are willing to regularly fellowship with God, talk to Him as a friend and let Him talk to you too, you may never get to know Him at the deepest level possible.
#07. Finding The Friend That Sticks Closer Than A Brother
We can always find a friend in the Lord Jesus,
Who has promised He’ll always be there for us.
Whatever we go through in this time and space,
We can get succour by looking unto His face.
#06. Towards A Better Marriage: Your Spouse Is Not The Problem.
Except you are married to the devil personified, I am free to say that your spouse is not the problem in your marriage. So resist the temptation to see him or her as one.
A vital key to amicably resolving the challenges between you and your spouse is to learn to focus on tackling the issue at hand rather than putting the blame on a person – your partner.
You may have been hurt by what your spouse said or did at some point, but the problem is still not your spouse. A problem is a problem and your spouse is your spouse. Please don’t mistake one for another.
#05. 16 Sobering Things Every Atheist Should Know
I can’t force anyone to believe in God. But I can at least let them know some things that may help them make up their mind in the affirmative. After all, acknowledging Jesus Christ as one’s Lord and personal Saviour remains a decision everyone has to take by him/herself. So if you are an atheist, here are some sobering truths I wish you to know:
- Jesus Christ is the only Way to God.
- You are not the first person to doubt the existence of God.
- The Bible has a word for anyone who doesn’t believe there is God…FOOL.
- There have been people who turned from atheism to God and so can you.
- Your lifetime is your only opportunity for you to know God.
- Whatever misgivings you have about God can be handled.
- God has numerous children and He has room for you too.
- If you die today, where would you spend eternity?
#04. A Broken Piece of Heart
… For many years, I went about my life
With a broken piece of heart, bleeding.
No one could fill the great void I felt
Or mend the awfully shattered part of me.
But then I met the greatest Friend and Lover
Who truly loved me as I am, unconditionally.
The One who gave up His life for me
And gave me a brand new heart too.
#03. Jesus: 8 Special Things About The Baby That Changed The World.
In His birth, divinity became humanity. It was the beginning of the unfolding of the grandest heavenly agenda in bringing salvation to mankind. Here are some of the things that proved Jesus was not an ordinary person:
- Jesus’ miraculous conception by a virgin.
- His conception by a virgin and birth were undeniable fulfillment of Prophecies.
- Jesus got His name several centuries before He was born.
- He wasn’t born to earthly royalty, but angels heralded His birth.
- The birth of Jesus is the proof of God’s love for the world.
- Jesus was born to die.
- Jesus is the only man in history with the complete tripartite cycle of birth, death and resurrection.
- He is the only one giving eternal life to anyone who believes in Him.
#02. 6 Simple Reasons To Forgive Offences
Everyone needs forgiveness. On the other hand, everyone needs to offer forgiveness too. Here are 6 simple reasons you should learn to forgive others:
- God has forgiven your offences and He expects you to forgive others too.
- Unforgiveness is a big weight, free yourself from it.
- Don’t you expect others to forgive you too?
- Happiness and unforgiveness don’t mix.
- You have the capacity to forgive, no need pretending otherwise.
- Forgive yourself so you can forgive others.
#01. 8 Simple Reasons I Do Not Follow Your Blog
Part of the joy of blogging is having people following your blog, regularly reading your written thoughts and sending you feedbacks through their comments, likes, emails, reblogs etc. If you have ever wondered why people are not following your blog, then you have to check out the post.
Based on my own experience, the post was used to highlight 8 possible reasons, just like some other people, I have not been following your blog:
- I don’t even know that your blog exists in the first place.
- You are not following my blog.
- I got to your blog, but your posts care less about my core values.
- The first three posts I read on your blog did not make much sense to me.
- Your picture is not on your profile.
- You did not join any blogging community.
- Your blog language is totally different from mine.
- No one has recommended your blog to me yet.