Many people simply walk away after reading their favourite blogs, without giving any feedback to the author of the blog.
By so doing, they miss the inherent opportunities to appreciate or encourage the blogger to keep on writing.
If you have not been doing so, you should learn appropriate ways of giving appropriate feedback or appreciation to the blogger you like. Consider it your own little way to show the blogger some love.
In this post, I will suggest:
10 Simple Ways to Appreciate Your Favourite Blogger
1. When you read a post and you like it, hit the ‘like’ button below the post, share it with your friends on your social media handles. Leave a comment for the author or send him or her an email to let them know how good you felt about the post. Reblog it and link to it in your own posts.
Remember: Treat other bloggers the way you want to be treated. The saying that “What goes around comes around,” applies in blogging too.
2. If you don’t like a post or you disagree with the author’s position, don’t walk away just yet; leave him or her a comment or send an email expressing your reservations or why you disagree with the post.
Caution: Be nice about it or else walk away quietly. Inconstructive criticisms are not easy pills for anyone to swallow.
3. If you have better insight on the issue on hand than the author displayed in a post, feel free to offer such insights or perspectives via the comment section of the post or through an email.
Advice: Be humble about it, because even you don’t know everything! We learn from one another to play the game better.
4. If you notice some fundamental errors in someone else’s post or you have some suggestions for improvement, do the writer (and the blogging world) a favour by informing him or her via an email or private chat. (Some bloggers, including yours truly, would not mind you using the comment section of the post to register your suggestions).
Caution: Please give your corrections and/or suggestions in love, no better way around it.
5. If you have an experience that validates the author’s position in a post you have read, be magnanimous enough to share it in the comment section so that other readers can learn from it too.
Advice: If protecting your privacy is of concern to you, you can share the experience anonymously.
6. If you have a blog that you read and you really love it so much, promote the blog on your own blog or on your other social media handles.
Reason: There is love in sharing and good news is for sharing. Assist other people to discover your favourite blog and follow it so that they too can be as well.
7. If you feel a sense of gratitude to a blogger for being a blessing to you, send him a “thank you” card or write a post or poem about it. That was what inspired my post on the best way to appreciate a blogger who blesses you.
Remember: It feels good to be appreciated. Don’t you know that by experience?
8. A blogger may also be appreciated or feel loved if you nominate them for blogging awards – online or terrestrial. Now you know better!
Caution: Not all bloggers will accept award nominations. So do your findings first before you nominate someone.
9. Invite the bloggers you love to speaking engagements in your community or around you. What some of this bloggers write online they can also present or speak about physically.
Advice: Be convinced about what the blogger has to offer before you give him or her a speaking invitation or else you may feel disappointed.
10. I didn’t want to add this one. But I feel like this post will not be complete without it: You may give financial support to a blog you really like. Yes, you heard me right: extend financial support to your favourite bloggers.
Reason: Some bloggers are not in a full-time business or paid employment. Your gifts to them in kind or in cash will mean a lot to them for the sustenance of their work.
What others ways can you can appreciate your favourite blogger? Let’s continue the conversation in the comment section.
©Copyright 2018 | Victor Uyanwanne